If there is anything about Marseille that makes everyone agree, it is our calanques! Even the biggest critics of this French city remain stunned by its natural beauty. Sumptuous landscapes framed by a blue sea envied by the whole world... or France at least ;-) So put on your shoes and get ready to be amazed!
The calanques: a remarkable treasure!
The Calanques National Park is a privileged space that will surprise you. With an immediate proximity to the second largest city in France, such a wild fauna and flora is unique in France.
The Calanques National Park takes many forms, for example:
- The Calanques massif, which is located between Marseille and Cassis, will offer you many surprising landscapes.
- The Friuli archipelago: an exceptional cultural richness with the famous Isle of If and its castle.
- Underwater treasures: SCUBA lovers will be delighted.
- Biodiversity: the Calanques National Park is home to no less than 140 protected animal and plant species 60 of wich are marine heritage species.
- A unique place for rock climbing: with the karstic relief of the massif which make rock climbing one of the most practiced sports in the Calanques.